In a California annulment, the court determines that a marriage or domestic partnership is not legally valid.

Marriages or domestic partnerships that are incestuous or bigamous are never valid. Others can be declared “void” or “voidable” for other reasons. The grounds for annulment in California include:

  • The marriage was of force, fraud, or one of the spouses suffers from a physical or mental incapacity;
  • One of the spouses was legally too young to marry or enter a domestic partnership;
  • or One of the spouses was already married or in a domestic partnership

More information about the grounds for annulment in California, as well as time limits for filing for an annulment, is available from the California Family Code, sections 2210 et seq. Legal annulment is different that annulment by religious organizations. Your inability to get a legal annulment should have no impact on your attempts to secure a religious annulment. In California, an annulment is very rare. If you ask to have your marriage or domestic partnership annulled, you will have to go to a hearing with a judge.
How To Fund Your Trust
After you hire Stuart Legal to prepare your living trust and you receive your Living Trust documents, your trust will not take effect until you have executed it by signing all the necessary papers and obtaining witness signatures and notarization. However, your trust will remain “unfunded” until you transfer your assets into it. Transferring your assets into your trust is actually quite simple. With a deed, for example, you transfer your real property from your “current ownership” into your new “trust.” The law does not consider such a transfer to be a sale for the purpose of reassessing your property for tax reasons. You also simply contact your bank or other institution where you hold assets to rename your assets and accounts as now belonging to your trust.

CDs, Savings Accounts and Checking Accounts
Go to your bank with your trust documents and tell the customer service representative that you have created a trust and you need to change the name on your accounts to reflect the trust name. The representative will have the proper forms for you to fill out.

Stock or Mutual Funds
Your account executive will give you the papers needed to transfer your current name to your trust name.

Real Estate
You will need to fill out a Quit Claim Deed transferring title to your trust name. Be sure to have your exact property description. It needs to be witnessed and notarized. The Quit Claim Deed is then taken to the County Recorder in the county where the property is located and filed. You will further need a “transfer of property form” which can be picked up at the Recorder’s office. In filling out this form, you will need the “parcel identification number” which can be found on your insurance papers or tax papers.

Mobile Homes
You will need to change the title on your mobile home from your name to the name of the trust. This is done at the Bureau of Motor Vehicles in the county where the mobile home is located. There is a small fee for this to be accomplished. Stuart Legal can help you prepare a Living Trust l that accomplishes all of your estate planning goals without the expense of hiring an attorney. With our package you will be able to express all your wishes and breathe easy about tomorrow.
Stuart Legal has been helping people with their legal document needs for almost ten years! Whether you need us to prepare your documents for Divorce, Legal Separation, Incorporation/LLC, Wills, Name Changes, Deeds, etc., we make the process easy, fast, friendly and affordable. We not only prepare all documents to the highest court standards, but we also walk with you through the process. Unlike many online services or other competitors, we do not give you an instruction sheet and send you off to figure out what to do next. We do it all for you and are always available to provide free information with no obligation.

While we are not lawyers and cannot give legal advice, we do have a resource attorney-approved material available to answer your general legal questions for free. Once you work with us, you will understand why most of our clients come to us from a referral from other happy clients who have used our services. Contact Stuart Legal for your legal document preparation needs.

 Our goal is your satisfaction, and we provide that by honest and upfront pricing combined with professional and quality legal document preparation. For specific procedures, timelines and pricing, please contact our office.
It is imperative to every individual with significant property ownership that official documentation is created to dictate where that property goes should something happen to them. Property owners often have individual family members or every family friends who need or deserve the rights to that property more than others, and most people want to know their preferences on the matter be followed in the case of their death.

However, writing a will or other estate planning documents is not as simple as writing a letter to be found in the event of a tragedy. It is an unpleasant process in and of itself to ponder the outcome of the end of one’s life, but it is also a confusing legal process to make sure that will is verified and considered legitimate. For someone with little to no background in law, it can simply be impossible to execute successfully.

​California has a unique law associated with the will-writing process, and you should consider hiring a Legal Document Assistant familiar with the process. What exactly will you need expert legal document assistance on? One of the most common causes to hire a legal document assistant during the will-writing process is estate-planning processes such as living trusts. Living trusts are a written agreement between the property owner and the person who would manage that property in the event of your death. It ultimately involves three parties: the creator (property owner), the trustee/s that would handle the owner’s property and the beneficiaries.